Arché Onlus was founded in 1991 in Milan by Giuseppe Bettoni to tackle the emergency of children infected by HIV. Today Arché's mission is to take care of mothers and children facing social distress and personal difficulties, with the aim of supporting them in reaching social, housing and working independence.
Arché achieves its mission through:
- Welcoming mothers and children in various secure sites
- Housing them in accommodation where they can be semi-independent
- Introducing mothers to the job market and helping them to gain work experience
- Assisting them in hospitals and at home with psychological / social / educational support
- Providing citizenship education through seminars, lessons in schools and laboratories
Arché is active in Milan, Rome, San Benedetto del Tronto, Kisii (Kenya) and Chikuni (Zambia).